Declared Value vs Insured Value
If you use Teapplix's PDF based label method, you have the choice of putting "Declared Value" vs "Insured Value"
Insured Value is Teapplix discount insurance managed by ShipSurance. You save almost 90% over carrier based insurance. You set this by clicking on the "insurance" link, or on Teapplix extra packages link.
Declared Value, when set, is carrier native insurance provided by USPS, FedEx or UPS. You set this by clicking on the "options" link on an order where the shipping method is already selected.
In Teapplix, you have the flexibility to get either, or both, insurances. They are independent of each other.
You can split your mailing for several packages. This helps you to operate with huge shipments and save you money.
There is some rules for providers:
- If selected extra's shipment method is not supported by current provider - "main package" method will be applied
- If you've enabled Express1 discount method, and want to print First-Class labels in extra packages batch, you need to select "First-Class" for main package. This is only way to route this for Stamps.com or Endicia
- Rate list will be calculated for selected batch, and you'll get alternatives for all shipments will be sent by this method
- If ou'll cancel "main" label. All linked lables will be voided too.
- All extra shipment will use same method as "main" was selected.