Switching Company Files
To change your QuickBooks integration to link to another company file:(this does not apply if you simply move the same company file to another location and continue to use it)
- First open the old company file in QB, and open the WebConnector, press the "Remove" button to unlink your teapplix account to your old company file
- now open the new company file in QB
- re-download teapplix.qwc from your Integration Setup screen, "Add" it to WebConnector with new company file open
- in Teapplix integration setup, checkbox "re-download accounts and items". (Optional)If you want to re-export all your orders, checkbox "clear export bit for all orders". press "Update QuickBooks Setup" button to save
- run WebConnector update selected. re-review integration setup, run update selected again
What happens if I forgot to “Remove” and my old file is gone?
- You would still do the above steps on the new computer, however when you “Add” the teapplix.qwc, you may get an 1039 error.
- If that happens, go to your QuickBooks, under “Edit => Preferences”, find “Integrated Applications”, remove the “Teapplix Connector” application you find.
- Now try “Add” the newly teapplix.qwc to WebConnector
- If you get a 1059 error about fileID already connected, please open the "teapplix.qwc" file in notepad, edit the "FileID" filed and add "2" at the end.
- Now try “Add” the teapplix.qwc again to WebConnector
- If you get a 1039 error about duplicate OwnerID, please open the “teapplix.qwc” file in notepad, edit the “OwnerID” field, change the last digit, save
- “Add” the changed teapplix.qwc again to WebConnector, answer "Yes" if it ask you if you should replace existing applications.
- You can also try this procedure http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/SLN41675