Before you use Teapplix Inventory Advisor, you need to make some initial decisions. These are configured on "Inventory => Options" screen.
Inventory Master controls where you enter initial quantity and future purchase orders. Your choice will be:
- Teapplix As Inventory Master: Quantity and Cost are entered into Teapplix. Purchase orders are entered into Teapplix directly
- QuickBooks As Inventory master: you maintain Quantity, Purchase Orders in QuickBooks. Teapplix reads the Current Quantity and cost from QuickBooks.
- Multi-warehouse - you will create separate warehouse, each track it's own quantity and cost. When you turn on multi-warehouse, each warehouse will have it's own setting of who is the inventory master.
If your inventory is maintained in another thirdparty system, you should set "Teapplix As Inventory Master" and use API to sync those quantity into Teapplix.
With Teapplix As Inventory Master, you have 2 ways to enter cost into Teapplix, which will be used for profit & loss calculations:
- Default Cost Method: cost is entered once on the "Products" page, and used forever
- Average Cost Method: Teapplix will calculate average cost based on records on your "Enter Quantity" page
Note that with QuickBooks As Inventory Master, cost is calculated in QuickBooks and passed onto Teapplix each time sync happens.
For multi-warehouse, each warehouse uses a "avg-cost" model.
Teapplix can setup inventory alerts. Alerts are shown as red triangle notices when you login to Teapplix.
There are 2 types of alerts
- Shortage alert - when your quantity available is less than x weeks of sales
- Stale alert - when your quantity available is more than y weeks of sales
In this section, you can config the "x, and y", and also configure how many weeks we look back to compute the average sales per week.
Notice that Inventory Alerts are per warehouse if you turned on multi-warehouse.
Quantity Sync Control
This section list all the channels that you linked Teapplix to. You can use the checkbox to control Teapplix automatic inventory sync.
If you check the checkbox for a particular channel, then Teapplix will:
- automatically post inventory update to that channel every 15 minutes or so
- automatically download listings from that channel every 30 minutes or so
If you did not check the check box for a particular channel, Teapplix will
- Download listing from this channel every day
- No automatic inventory post to this channel, you can manually perform inventory sync on the "Inventory => Listings" page by pushing the "Sync Quantity Now" button.