Currently, to integrate to Jet.com and obtain API links, each seller must go through a Jet.com certification process. Teapplix performs this certification for free provided you subscribe to Teapplix InventoryAdvisor product. You can turn on the subscription in Teapplix "My Account" area.
To get started, you must first create an account on parter.jet.com and perform "certification. To start certification with Teapplix, login to partner.jet.com and click on the API link at the left side:
On Jet.com Partner page, do the following:
- Copy the sandbox API User and Secret to Teapplix Setup=>Others page, Jet.com tab. Save.
- Under "Products" section, check the "Use File Upload" checkbox.
After that, follow these steps in Teapplix & In Jet Partner Page
- Go to Teapplix Inventory => Products page, select exactly one test product that has inventory quantity (you can check the quantity of a product on Inventory->Current Quantity page, if there is none, you can enter the quantity on the Inventory->Enter Quantity page), hit the "Generate" button. This will cause the product to be uploaded to your Jet.com account. This product must have these parameters filled in:
- Item Title
- UPC Code
- Image Large URL(make sure your images are not hosted on amazon or ebay, also Jet.com has issue loading phtotos from PhotoBucket)
- Default Price
- (optional) item description
- Then, on Teapplix select 2 other products with inventory quantity > 0, and push the "Generate listing upload for Jet" again, this will certify the batch upload operation. Note that these 2 products must also have the above list of parameters filled in.
- Go back to Jet.com Partner Page API tab, and click on "Order Generator" link, generate one order.
- On Teapplix open orders, check the Jet.com account and click on Sync Now under the "Actions" tab. Make sure orders show up in Teapplix
- Ship the order in Teapplix, and then click on the same Sync Now in Teapplix to mark the orders shipped on Jet.com
- Go to Jet.com Partner Page, and generate one order with quantity 2 and cancel quantity 2
- On Teapplix open orders, select Jet.com and click "Sync Now". This will auto cancel the quantities on Jet.com and complete the cancel step.
- Go back to Jet.com Partner Page API tab, and click on "Return Generator", generate a return order.
- Push "Sync Now" in Teapplix Open Orders, this will create an return order RET-xxxx and mark it as shipped in Teapplix.
- In Teapplix order history, search for RET-% as order id, and the date of the return to find such order, click on the "mark as received" link on the order, this will complete the return process with Jet.
After step 10 above, go back to partner.jet.com to make sure you have completed certification. You should see now you have a "production" tab with credentials. You should copy the production credentials now to Teapplix Setup=>Others Jet tab.
Once you are successfully certified, your Teapplix account will download orders regularly, and upload tracking numbers.
Orders will be acknowledged automatically when downloaded
Teapplix will automatically acknowledge orders on Jet.com as they are downloaded into Teapplix.
Cancelled Orders will be Cancelled Automatically
Teapplix will automatically acknowledge cancelled orders / quantities. If you mark an order cancelled on Jet, it will be cancelled on Teapplix next time auto-sync happens or you push the"Sync Now" button.
Return orders that are setup to be returned to your fulfillment node will become RET-xxxx orders in Teapplix and marked as shipped automatically. Once you receive the return, find the order by name in Teapplix Order History, and click on the "mark as received" link to complete the return / refund process with Jet.com.
Listing and Inventory Management
Teapplix provides the following functions for your Jet.com inventory management:
- Teapplix can launch products onto Jet.com using the "Generate" button on the Inventory->Products page. You need to make sure the product information is complete to pass Jet.com review for launch listing. Product details such as Brand Name (needs to be set together with MPN - Manufacturer Part Number), Jet Category Id (this needs be exactly the same as Jet provided to you), etc. Note that currently, Teapplix launched listings are limited to a single image. We are working on enhancing that.
- if you turn on 15 minute automatic inventory sync, Teapplix will automatically update your quantity on Jet.com.
- You can use the "Update Price" link in Teapplix to update price on Jet.com