INSURANCE COVERAGE RULES AND DETAILS
Teapplix Parcel Insurance is managed by Shipsurance Insurance Services and coverage is underwritten by Underwriters at Lloyds of London, which has been
given an A.M. Best Rating A+ 'Excellent'.
Please call 866-852-9956 option 506
if you have any questions regarding the coverage or need information on submitting claims.
Coverage provided by this certificate covers freight from all risks of physical loss or damage from an external cause (subject to exclusions) while in transit. Shipments must originate from the United States of America and/or Canada. Outbound shipments must be sent from the Certificate address listed above or as endorsed. Inbound shipments are not covered. Coverage provided for commercial trucking, air, and ocean freight companies only - owned, leased or rented vehicles are not covered. Coverage is on a package-by-package basis.
This insurance covers up to $5,000.
- There is a sublimit of $1,000.00 for shipments sent via the USPS to Domestic (U.S.) destinations not sent via a traceable method. Traceable USPS services include Delivery Confirmation, Signature Confirmation, Certified Mail, Express Mail, and Registered Mail. If a shipment is declared for coverage with a value over $1,000.00 the shipment is not covered in its entirety.
- There is a sublimit of $1,000.00 for shipments sent via the USPS to International (non U.S.) destinations not sent via Express Mail or Priority Mail. If a shipment is declared for coverage with a value over $1,000.00 the shipment is not covered in its entirety.
- There is a sublimit of $1,000.00 for shipments consisting of mobile phones (including cell phones, smart phones, messaging phones, iPhones, android phones, blackberry phones, and similar). If a shipment is declared for coverage with a value over $1,000.00 the shipment is not covered in its entirety.
("SHIPSURANCE"): The insurance agent - Shipsurance Insurance Services
("INS"): The insurance company - Underwriters at Lloyds
("Insured"): The insured - Teapplix Inc. users
("Shipping Carrier"): The company that is transporting the shipments covered by this Certificate.
("Total Insured Value") or ("TIV"): The total value of the item(s) declared for insurance coverage. Includes the Shipping Carrier provided coverage, if any.
The following is a list of exclusions this Certificate does not cover:
- Accounts, bills, currency, cash in transit, evidence of debt, checks, money orders, COD payments, coins (collectible coins are not excluded), securities and other negotiable papers, tickets, deeds, notes, gift cards, manuscripts, documents, neon items, hazardous material (per UPS Hazardous Materials List), LCD monitors or screens, televisions (including LCD, plasma, CRT, projection, and similar), perishable cargo or similar property, eggs, any stone or ceramic slabs, automobiles, motorcycles, live animals, flowers, plants, seeds, cigarettes/cigars, cotton, guns (guns more than 100 years old are not excluded), tobacco, windows, plate glass, stained glass, float glass, laptop computers (including tablet computers, iPads, and similar), and mobile telephones valued over $1,000.00 (including cell phones, smart phones, messaging phones, iPhones, android phones, blackberry phones, and similar).
- Shipments sent to Afghanistan, Angola, Bolivia, Burma, Congo, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire),
Liberia, Mexico (Truck/rail shipments to and within other than as a connecting conveyance), Nigeria, North Korea,
Paraguay, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela.
Any location that would be in violation of any U.S. economic or trade sanctions including OFAC Restricted
Countries. For shipments to Russian and other Commonwealth of Independent States countries (includes
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Russian Federation, Tajikistan,
Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan) coverage ceases upon touchdown of the aircraft at the airport of
destination or upon discharge from the overseas vessel at the destination discharge port.
- Shipments that require a signature confirmation or signature required service (such as jewelry valued at $500.00 an over) that are not sent using the required signature service are excluded from coverage.
- The limits are for the TIV. The TIV does not change if a claim if for shortage or repairable damage.
- Signature confirmation and signature required are services that are offered by the Shipping Carriers, often at an additional expense to their core shipping service.
- Loss, damage, shortage, or non-arrival of any parcel and its contents which is (1) addressed incorrectly or (2) packed insufficiently to withstand the normal rigors of transit.
- Loss, damage, shortage, or non-arrival of any parcel and its contents when it bears a descriptive label or packaging which describes, or alludes to, the nature of the contents. International shipments that contain customs declarations are NOT excluded from coverage.
- Loss, damage, shortage, or non-arrival of any parcel and its contents when it is obtained by trick, false pretense, or other fraudulent schemes.
- Loss, damage, shortage arising out of loss of market, delay, loss of use, clean up costs, decay, inherent vise, changes in temperature or humidity, or other deterioration, any remote or consequential loss, whether or not arising out of a peril insured against.
- War Exclusion / Atomic and Nuclear Exclusion: In no case shall this insurance cover loss damage or expense caused by (i)War, civil war, revolution, rebellion, insurrection, or civil strife arising therefrom, or any hostile act by or against a belligerent power. (ii) Capture, seizure, arrest, restraint or detainment (piracy excepted), and the consequences thereof or any attempt thereat. (iii) Derelict mines, torpedoes, bombs, or other derelict weapons of war. In no case shall this insurance cover loss damage or expense arising from the use of any weapon of war employing atomic or nuclear fission and/or fusion or other like reaction or radioactive force or matter.
- Mechanical and Electrical Derangement â€“ Loss of or damage due to mechanical, electrical, or electronic derangement unless there is evidence of external damage to the insured item or its packaging. Data files and installed computer programs are not covered for erasure, corruption, or loss.
- AIMU Extended Radioactive Contamination Exclusion clause.
- AIMU Chemical, Biological, Bio-Chemical, Electromagnetic, and Cyber Weapons Exclusion clause.
- Commodity Specific Exclusions
- Mobile phones (including cell phones, smart phones, messaging phones, iPhones, android phones, blackberry phones, and similar) valued in excess of $1,000.00 per shipment.
- All parcels that are covered by this Certificate will be shipped in strict accordance with all regulations of the carrier and amendments thereto.
- Jewelry (includes necklaces, earrings, watches, rings, bracelets, broaches, etc) with a value of $500.00 or more must be sent with the direct or adult Signature Confirmation service provided by the shipping carriers (must be signed for at delivery). This service is available by most shipping carriers often at an additional expense to their core shipping service.
- If a deductible exists, it will be deducted from the total claim amount. Deductibles are on a per package basis. The Insured is responsible for collecting any amounts from the Shipping Carrier that the Shipping Carrier may be liable for. Claims will be paid net of Shipping Carrierâ€™s per package limitation
- Underwriters shall be liable for the invoice value of property lost, destroyed or damaged, however, in the event there is no invoice, underwriters shall be liable for the actual cash value of the property. Claims for repairs shall be payable for the fair market costs of such repairs.
- In no event shall claims exceed the value declared prior to shipment and declared for premium purposes.
- Other Insurance
- Underwriters are not responsible for any loss, damage, or shortage that is covered by another insurance policy or for carrier's liability.
- If other insurance or coverage is present on a shipment, Underwriters will only provide the excess coverage
- The Insured will provide SHIPSURANCE with a monthly report of parcels shipped and requiring coverage. This report will contain the pertinent information in regards to the parcel(s) shipped and must be received by SHIPSURANCE no later than the fifth (5th) day of the following month. The information to be included on the report includes date of shipment, shipping carrier, insured value, and tracking number. If the reports are late or not received by SHIPSURANCE, coverage may not be intact.
- Shipments sent via common carrier (Cargo/Freight) must be reported to SHIPSURANCE no later than 24 hours after the shipment has departed the shipment origin. This report will contain the pertinent information in regards to the item(s) shipped. This includes carrier name, commodity, insured value, pertinent tracking information, and shipment departure/arrival locations. If this report is late or not received by SHIPSURANCE, coverage may not be intact.
- Underwriters have the right to audit the Insuredâ€™s books, records, and/or reports at any time to verify the accuracy of the reports. Failure to comply will result in the cancellation of coverage and may jeopardize settlement of outstanding claims.
- All packaging material and damaged goods must be kept in the original form as received. Packaging and damaged goods should not be disposed of or released to the shipping carrier before a claim is completed as photographs will be required. Failure to comply can result in the denial of the claim due to insufficient packing.
- Concealed Damage - Allows for the discovery of loss or damage up to 15 days after final delivery. The loss is deemed to have possibly occurred during the insured transit. Discovery of loss or damage occurring 16 days or later after final delivery is deemed to have occurred while the shipment was NOT in transit, and therefore, is not covered.
- The Insured will file immediate notice of non-delivery, damage, or shortage with the Shipping Carrier and with SHIPSURANCE. Take proper exceptions on the delivery receipt when any loss or damage is apparent at the time of taking delivery. The Insured will complete a SHIPSURANCE claim form and provide all required documents to SHIPSURANCE within sixty (60) calendar days from the date of shipment. If the carrier has liability and their remittance (carrier's claim check and stub) or response has not been received by the Insured within the 60 day timeframe, all other claim paperwork must be received by SHIPSURANCE within sixty (60) calendar days from the date of shipment. A complete claim submission includes a SHIPSURANCE claim form, a copy of the carrier's tracer form, a copy of the invoice or recent appraisal, photos of damaged goods and packaging, a repair estimate, signed claim statement by the recipient, and any other documentation requested by SHIPSURANCE. Failure to complete the claim form and follow all claim instructions could lead to non settlement of claim.
- If the shipment is sent via the United States Postal Service (USPS), complete claims must be submitted and received by SHIPSURANCE within one hundred and twenty (120) calendar days of the shipment date. If the claim is for loss the Insured must wait 21 calendar days (Domestic shipments) or 45 calendar days (International shipments) before filing claim with SHIPSURANCE.
- All damaged property that was not repaired must be made available (given) to SHIPSURANCE or INS if requested.
- Once claim has been accepted and approved by the underwriters, prompt payment will be made to the Insured.
- Claim Disputes
- This Certificate shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
- The parties agree that any and all claims or disputes arising out of the Certificate or the performance of the Certificate shall be brought in Los Angeles County, California.
- The Insured agrees to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SHIPSURANCE and Underwriters from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney fees that they may incur due to misreading, misunderstanding, and not following the coverage requirements as per this SHIPSURANCE certificate or as endorsed.
- Other Provisions
- If SHIPSURANCE does not receive payment from Insured by the date the invoice is due, SHIPSURANCE reserves the right to deny any coverage retained by Insured until such invoice is paid in full (including any such interest accrued). If Insured does not pay its invoice within 15 days after it is due, SHIPSURANCE reserves the right to cancel its coverage of Insured entirely.
- If any term or condition of this Certificate is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity or unenforceability of any such term or condition shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions of this Certificate.
- This Certificate constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the specific rights, duties, and obligations identified herein.
- Remittance of premium payment to SHIPSURANCE constitutes acceptance of this agreement.
- Every user of SHIPSURANCE Insurance through this coverage will be monitored for adverse claims experience. SHIPSURANCE reserves the right to disallow any user to purchase SHIPSURANCE insurance at any time with 10 days written, certified notice.
DOMESTIC USPS SHIPMENT RULES:
Domestic shipments sent via the USPS with a value of $1,000.00 or more must be sent using a traceable service in order to be covered. Traceable USPS services include Delivery Confirmation, Signature Confirmation, Certified Mail, Express Mail, and Registered Mail.
INTERNATIONAL USPS SHIPMENT RULES:
International shipments sent via the USPS with a value of $1,000.00 or more must be sent using the Express Mail or Priority Mail Service in order to be covered.
JEWELRY SHIPMENT COVERAGE RULES:
Jewelry (includes necklaces, earrings, watches, rings, bracelets, broaches, etc) with a value of $500.00 or more must be sent with the direct or adult Signature Confirmation service provided by the shipping carriers (must be signed for at delivery).
MOBILE PHONES SHIPMENT COVERAGE RULES:
There is a sublimit of $1,000.00 for shipments consisting of mobile phones (including cell phones, smart phones, messaging phones, iPhones, android phones, blackberry phones, and similar).
TELEVISION SHIPMENT COVERAGE RULES:
Shipsurance will not provide coverage for these items.