How to best integrate with website/shopping cart

Question regarding integration with marketplaces, shopping carts, etc.

How to best integrate with website/shopping cart

Postby mpgauto » Sep 27, 2010 9:56 am

Currently I use the web version of teapplix to process shipments made by paypal payment.
I will soon be having a website made which can handle credit card and paypal payment, Is there a suggested shopping cart or method so that orders from the website will automatically be added to teapplix for shipment?

My ebay/paypal orders are currently "tracked" by custom id. I assume that I will need to duplicate this custom ID on the website so that the prefilled information is duplicated.
mpgauto

Re: How to best integrate with website/shopping cart

Postby teapplix » Sep 27, 2010 10:43 am

The answer depends on the payment methods you choose.

1. Simplest method, choose PayPal. If you take credit cards and you don't want PayPal to show up, use PayPal website payments pro. This allows you to take credit cards without people knowing you are using PayPal.

If you go this route, you want to choose a shopping cart that passes "itemized information" to PayPal. Many shopping carts does this, like ZenCart.

After you verify this, just turn on alternative API integration in Teapplix PayPal setup, and you are done. Orders will show up in Teapplix every hour.

One downside to this method, Teapplix will not confirm shipping back to your shopping cart. Of course, since Teapplix is emailing your customers with tracking anyway, this issue is not so important.

2. Direct integration with shopping cart.

In this method you want direct integration with your shopping cart. The main benefit is that you can now use whatever payment method your shopping cart supports, like Google Checkout, Amazon Payments, etc.

Teapplix currently supports out of the box the following shopping carts with bi-directional integration:
1) ZenCart
2) Oscommerce
3) CRELoaded
4) XCart
5) Volusion
6) Magento
7) AsecureCart

We are currently looking into Miva and eCommerce Templates and support.
In addition, we support Yahoo stores that is import only.

So bottom line, we recommend you pick a shopping cart we support natively. If not, pick a cart we are going to support, but stay with PayPal only payment for now.

If you really want some shopping cart that we can't support, use PayPal only payment method and verify that it can pass itemized info into PayPal.

If all else fails, we have to discuss doing custom integration. The custom integration method will be listed in a separate post below.
teapplix

Postby mpgauto » Sep 28, 2010 9:59 am

Any idea on the ETA of Magento integration? That is most likely what I will be having my website built with.
mpgauto

Postby teapplix » Sep 29, 2010 3:56 pm

No date yet, but we should know better by end of next week when we can support this.
teapplix

Postby allan » Dec 21, 2010 5:33 pm

i don't believe there's such a cart that is perfectly built.. what i'm up to is it's functionality to work well with my needs in my system.. I'm currently using [url="http://www.shoppingcartelite.com"]Shopping Cart Elite[/url] for my solution..
allan

Postby teapplix » Jan 18, 2011 10:38 am

Just an update Magento support is now released.
teapplix

Custom Integration with Shopping Carts via HTTP Post

Postby teapplix » Feb 09, 2011 11:51 am

If your shopping cart isn't one that Teapplix supports, and you'd like to build custom integration so orders flow into Teapplix, you have a number of alternatives. This article describes how you can send orders to Teapplix using HTTP POST.

With this method, you can push orders into your Teapplix account in near real time in an automated fashion. Your shopping cart can be written via any programming language.

The downside of this method is that information flows one way. Orders go from shopping cart to Teapplix. Tracking information isn't provided back to your shopping cart.

The URL to post to is:

http://www.teapplix.com/h/[your teapplix account name here]/te/pin.cgi
The content of the post is below:
(please do not just click on the link or do a HTTP GET, you will get a HTTP 404 error if your signature
passed in the post do not match the one you typed into Teapplix Setup => PayPal page).

signature=[some secret you entered into your Teapplix Setup-> PayPal page]
pin_type=asecure
order_number=1788
order_date=9/30/2005
order_time=20:08
ordered_by_email=mark@email.com
deliver_to_name=Mark Hood
deliver_to_company=Testing Software, Inc.
deliver_to_address=8970 Super DR SE
deliver_to_address2=
deliver_to_city=Port Orchard
deliver_to_state=WA
deliver_to_province=
deliver_to_zip=98367
deliver_to_country=United States
deliver_to_residential=
deliver_to_phone=253-555-1212
tax_amount=0.00
shipping_amount=3.00
grand_total=6.00
shipping_method=[Standard, Expedited, SecondDay, One-Day, Economy]
memo=[some notes on the order]
item_count=2
[the following info repeats per number of items
id_1=6371
sku_1=[item sku]
describe_1=Test Item
qty_1=2
unit_price_1=3.00
item_total_1=6.00
option_name1_1
option_selection1_1
option_name2_1
option_selection2_1
id_2=6472
sku_2=
describe_2=
qty_2=1
teapplix

Postby andrew » Jul 14, 2011 3:39 am

Thank you for basic example of "Custom Integration with Shopping Carts via HTTP Post"!

Have you made some updates from that time (post was on 9 Feb 2011)?
:!: If you could make general basic xml-based api it would be great for many your possible clients.

I don't have paypal, and don't want to add it just to use your service.
I have some need to integrate my site with your service. It should be rather simple:

1. My site posts new orders to your service.
2. Operator (man) processes orders in teapplix, in web browser.
3. Somehow I want to return processed statuses of orders back.
3.1. The simpliest way to archieve this - is to ask your server again, periodicaly via post (one order by one, or bulk qty of orders' ids)
3.2. May be you have already some pushing-back request

Again, I hope you have already made some general api to communicate with your service.

Please help me get neccessary info, I can't find working examples of custom integration.
andrew

Postby baturbow » Jul 26, 2011 5:25 pm

I currently use a PHP shopping Cart (SquirrelCart), and wanted to see if it's a cart that I can integrate into my Teapplix account. If so, how would I go about getting started? Thanks so much for your help -
baturbow

Postby teapplix » Jul 26, 2011 6:36 pm

The easiest, without custom programming, is to see if you can generate a CSV export of your orders. We have a generic CSV import format, you can find out more in our help site at:

http://www.teapplix.com/help

If you have programming resources, using our HTTP post API is more automated.
teapplix

Return to Selling - eBay, Amazon, PayPal, ProStores, Buy.com etc.