In order to upload products to Walmart, you need to turn on the both Inventory/Advisor and Walmart/Jet listing Tool on My Account->Subscription.
Prepare the Products
To launch a Walmart listing, the following product parameters are required on the product:
- Item Name - this will be used as SKU on Walmart
- UPC - each item must have valid UPC, it is typically 12 to 14 digits
- Weight for a single item
- Default Price - this will be the price set on Walmart
- Item Title - this will be used as title if set
- Short Description - this is required, 1000 max char description
- Detailed Description - this is required, a 4000 max char description
- Feature - this is requied, a 1000 max char feature description
- Image Large(URL) - this will be the main image. Note that this image url can not be hosted on Amazon
- Walmart Tax Code - Press "Expand" to select the tax code or start typing text to search, once you find what you need, select it. You can press Collapse to hide the tree.
- Walmart Category - press "Expand" to expand the tree, or start typing to search. Make a selection
- Walmart Category Specifics - we only display the first few items when you select the category. Click "show more" to see all the category specifis. Fill in as much information as you can.
- Additional Images - If your Walmart product category supports "swatch images", and the product in Teapplix has "additional images", these additional images will be uploaded as the swatch images.
If your products are already listed on Amazon, we will download most of the product details from your Amazon listings, but you need to verify if every required information is filled. You also need to enter a few additional information manually into our system, such as Weight, Walmart Tax Code, Walmart Category, Addtional Images, Features, etc.
There are a few ways to fill in these product information:
- On the Inventory->Products page, edit each product and fill in each of the product details, Listing Data, Feature, and Long Description. And on the Inventory->Weight Table page, use Add One to add the weight information for each products.
- Bulk import the product details using file import. On the Products page, use the import/export action link. First Export out all products to a file (make sure to check the "Include Related Data") which will give you a master list of all products and attributes. Then add /modify the values for those required product details.
Walmart has specific requirements on the size, type, url location of the main vs additional "swatch" images. Incorrect Images will cause listing errors. Please check this link to see Walmart Image Requirements.
Upload to Walmart
On the Inventory->Products page, search those products you would like to upload to Walmart.
Select those products, and choose Walmart at the bottom of the page for upload listing and click on the Generate button.
It should show you a detailed message about the upload status. If there are any product failed to upload, you can fix them, and upload them again.
After the upload, Walmart will take some time to process. We check the process status every 15 minutes, and you can check the status on My Account->Alerts, and Channel Feed Upload tab.