In order to upload products to Walmart, you need to turn on the both Inventory/Advisor and Walmart/Jet listing Tool on My Account->Subscription.
Prepare the Products
To launch a Walmart listing, the following product parameters are required on the product:
- Item Name - this will be used as SKU on Walmart
- UPC - each item must have valid UPC, it is typically 12 to 14 digits (not required for Jewelry products)
- Weight for a single item
- Default Price - this will be the price set on Walmart
- Item Title - this will be used as title if set
- Short Description - this is required, 1000 max char description
- Detailed Description - this is required, a 4000 max char description
- Feature - this is requied, a 1000 max char feature description
- Image Large(URL) - this will be the main image
- Walmart Tax Code - Press "Expand" to select the tax code or start typing text to search, once you find what you need, select it. You can press Collapse to hide the tree.
- Walmart Category - press "Expand" to expand the tree, or start typing to search. Make a selection
- Walmart Category Specifics - we only display the first few items when you select the category. Click "show more" to see all the category specifis. Fill in as much information as you can.
- Additional Images - If your Walmart product category supports "swatch images", and the product in Teapplix has "additional images", these additional images will be uploaded as the swatch images.
If your products are already listed on Amazon, we will download most of the product details from your Amazon listings, but you need to verify if every required information is filled. You also need to enter a few additional information manually into our system, such as Weight, Walmart Tax Code, Walmart Category, Addtional Images, Features, etc.
There are a few ways to fill in these product information:
- On the Inventory->Products page, edit each product and fill in each of the product details, Listing Data, Feature, and Long Description. And on the Inventory->Weight Table page, use Add One to add the weight information for each products.
- Bulk import the product details using file import. On the Products page, use the import/export action link. First Export out all products to a file (make sure to check the "Include Related Data") which will give you a master list of all products and attributes. Then add /modify the values for those required product details.
Walmart has specific requirements on the size, type, url location of the main vs additional "swatch" images. Incorrect Images will cause listing errors. Please check this link for detailed information, and also this Walmart link Walmart Image Requirements.
Upload to Walmart
On the Inventory->Products page, search those products you would like to upload to Walmart.
Select those products, and choose Walmart at the bottom of the page for upload listing and click on the Generate button.
It should show you a detailed message about the upload status. If there are any product failed to upload, you can fix them, and upload them again.
After the upload, Walmart will take some time to process. We check the process status every 15 minutes, and you can check the status on My Account->Alerts, and Channel Feed Upload tab.
Account Go Live Criteria
If you are in the process of on-boarding with Walmart marketplace and your account is not live yet, please make sure to complete the following milestones in order for Walmart to approve your account to go live.
- Complete your Profile on Seller Central to 100%. you need to click in to the Profile link and fill in the informatoin on 4-5 tabs. It will show the complete percentage at the top.
- Upload 100 items or 10% of your catelog (whichever is fewer) to Walmart successfully. They should show up as in Stage status.
- Follow the instruction in this page to preview uploaded item and perform order testing.
- Wait for Walmart followup email and follow the instruction in the email.
Please note that accounts aging over 30 days in a particular status, Walmart will put that account on hold. During on hold seller can continue integration in background and hit the milestones then request us to take their account to be moved off from on hold. We will review the account and if satisfied will launch. Seller must justify why they want to be removed from on hold.
Have Question about Items and Listings on Walmart
Please contact Teapplix customer support (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get first help. Teapplix support will advise you the needed action should you need to get help from Walmart.