Sales and Profit Loss
The "Sales" page under "Inventory" provides a tool for you to manage your per item sales, as well as profit and loss.
The page allows you to view your data based on date ranges.
Teapplix tracks the following parameters, allocated to SKUs:
- sales price
- cost - either synced from QuickBooks, or specified / calculated by Teapplix based on your "cost method"
- If not integrate with QuickBooks, you can choose to use Default Cost or Average Cost.
- If integrate with QuickBooks, all Product Cost information is only obtained from QuickBooks. And we only take the Average Cost.
- Default Cost is stored on Inventory-Products page.
- Average Cost for single product is stored on Inventory->Enter Quantity page .
- Average Cost for combo product is stored on Inventory->Current Quantity page .
- shipping - shipping paid by customer
- postage - if you print shipping labels via Teapplix
- fees - amazon fees, ebay final value fees (this does not include listing fees, promotional discounts or rebates from ebay), paypal final value fees, commissions from other marketplaces
Based on the information above, Teapplix can calculate these:
- profit - gross profit after cost, postage, fees are deducted
- profit % - this is the percent of the total sales for that item that is profit
- commission - if you establish a commission rate based ont he profit, Teapplix will calculate the commission owed.
Note that all the above numbers are based on orders by allocated to "items". Teapplix allocation algorithm is rather simple.
For a single line item order, all numbers are allocated 100% to that line.
For a multiple line item order, sales price is based on the actual sales price per line, but fees, postage, shipping paid, are all evenly divided among the lines.