The Current Quantity page displays live calculated quantity by Teapplix ActionShip.
ActionShip starts with the "entered" quantity, then adjusts by deducting orders that are not shipped or accounted for in "Quantity":
Teapplix as Inventory Master
- Actionship first calculates quantity based on the last "in-stock" record + credits and debits after the in-stock date
- Orders open will be deducted
- Orders shipped after the "in-stock" date will also be deducted
QuickBooks as Inventory Master
- ActionShip starts with current "Quantity Available" from QuickBooks
- Orders that are not exported to QuickBooks will be deducted
Sometimes due to various reasons, you might not want to use the exact warehouse quantity for a product to update the listings, instead you need to reserve some quantity as a backup. For example, if one of your product is very popular, it might sell multiple orders around the same time in multiple marketplaces. Given that there is at least 30 minutes latency for ActionShip to download the orders and update all marketplaces with new qty available, it is recommended that you keep a qty reserve number for this product.
You can set the Qty Reserve number in the Current Quantity page.