Bulk Import Initial Quantity
If you are using Teappix ActionShip as your Inventory Master, you will need to perform an initial import of "in-stock" quantity of your warehouse. This gives ActionShip starting quantity as of the "end of shipping date" of certain date, when all orders shipped on that date has been picked from your warehouse.
Please perform the following steps:
- Go to Inventory => Quantity page, click on Import/Export. A window would pop up; select "Export", then click on Export to CSV which will download a .csv file. This file would be the template file.
- Open this template file in Microsoft Excel. You can see the headers that correspond to each of the user interface fields. Please keep the headers names as it is and not modify/remove any, you can add an optional "Location" column, as explained in the definition below, if needed.
- Then import this file using Import/Export again, but select ‘Import’, then click Import from CSV
The data elements and their definitions:
- Post Date -- required, this is the "effective" date of this entry (format mm/dd/yyyy). If you did a stock count, this is the date you did the count. We assume you did the count at the end of the shipping date, so all orders shipped on that date are not deducted from inventory, but orders shipped after that date will be deducted.
- Post Type -- required, should use value as "in-stock", "credit" or "debit".
- Teapplix SKU -- required, this is the "Teapplix SKU". It must match an entry in the "Products" list. You can export out the Products page to a CSV file and copy the Teapplix SKU value from that file.
- Quantity -- required, how many pieces
- Unit Price -- optional, this is the unit price that will be used to compute average unit cost and your profit & loss
- Warehouse ID -- if multi-warehouse is turned on, this number indicate which warehouse the quantity is for. Required for multi-warehouse, must not have this for single warehouse.
- Comment -- optional, comment field
- Location -- optional, import only. If you marked a location column that is not blank, ActionShip will update the "location" information on the corresponding product when you import this file.
The records imported for this "initial import" should be marked as "in-stock" as Post Type. Any quantity record with the same SKU and date prior this newly imported record will no longer be used in quantity calculations.
There are some other uses for quantity import:
- in-stock - to import a fresh full count of inventory quantity. this causes all older quantity data to be ignored
- credit - you can also import "received additional quantity" using credit records, but typically, Scanning using "Receive Inventory" link is more precise.
- debit - you can import "debit" records to handle cases of "adjustments" and other "withdraw" from Warehouse that is not part of your normal order shipping
How to import the quantity value from one marketplace
If you would like to take the existing quantity from one of your selling marketplace and import them in to ActionShip as your "in-stock" quantity, you can follow the steps below:
- Export out the Enter Quantity template file on Inventory => Enter Quantity page.
- Go to the Inventory => Listings page, search our the listings for a marketplace by filtering on the Marketplace.
- Click on Export, check "only record matching current filter", and Export to CSV
- From the listing export CSV file, copy the two columns named "Teapplix SKU" and "Qty On Marketplace", and post them on the Enter Quantity template file. Rename the "Qty On Marketplace" column header to "Quantity".
- fill in the other columns such as Post Date and Post Type on the Enter Quantity file, save the file.
- Import the Enter Quantity template file back to your Teapplix account.