Help TopicsExpand all | Collapse all
Teapplix ActionShip supports Walmart Marketplace for both US and Canada. We can download orders, upload tracking numbers, download listings (the US only, Canada listing support is not added yet), and update price and quantity.
Invitation Only Walmart 3rd-party Seller Account
Teapplix can recommend current ActionShip customers (including trial customers) to obtain an invitation to be a 3rd-party seller on Walmart. You must meet certain requirements. To get started, contact Teapplix support with your account name, and we will give you a form to fill out to return to us.
Linking your Walmart Account
To link your Walmart account, you would need to obtain the authentication credential from Walmart Seller Central. Walmart uses Token-Based Authentication. API credentials can be generated in the Walmart Developer Portal.
How to obtain oAuth-based Authentication:
- Choose one of two ways to sign into the Developer Portal.
- Sign in to Seller Center and click on the gear-shaped Settings icon on the top-right corner, navigate to: Settings > API Key Management. You will be taken to the Developer Portal and automatically signed in using your Seller Center Credentials.
- Go directly to developer.walmart.com, then use your Seller Center credentials to sign in as a US Marketplace seller.
- Generate your API Keys.
- Once you’re signed in to the Developer Portal, click your name at the top of the page and click API Keys. This is where you will be able to generate your API Credentials (Client ID & Client Secret)
- If you need to grant specific access for Teapplix on the Walmart developer portal, please grant full access for Order Mgmt and full access for Inventory in Item Mgmt (if you plan to use Teapplix for inventory update).
Once you obtain this data, go to ActionShip Integration => Marketplaces & Carts. Click + Add Marketplaces. Click the Walmart icon to add Walmart to your marketplace list. Click close to close the available marketplace window. Click + Add Walmart Account. Copy and paste in the Client ID and Client Secret, from the developer portal. Click "Save".
The Client ID & Client Secret are short-lived tokens. These tokens have a lifespan of 15 minutes. They won't work after that time has passed and will need to be regenerated. If you observe that the integration is not working, it may be because the tokens have expired. You can log in to Walmart Seller Central and generate a new Client Secret and copy it to Teapplix.
Order Download Process
ActionShip downloads orders from Walmart every 15 minutes. Once downloaded:
- If you do not subscribe to ActionShip Inventory, all downloaded orders are automatically acknowledged if not already done by other means.
- If you have ActionShip Inventory: ActionShip will automatically acknowledge orders that you have inventory
- If you have ActionShip Inventory: ActionShip will optionally (contact Teapplix Support to turn on this behavior) cancel any order that comes in without inventory in ActionShip Inventory.
Of course, once an order is shipped, ActionShip will confirm back to Walmart the tracking numbers at the next sync.
Orders Cancelled or Shipped Outside of ActionShip
If you cancel an item from your Walmart order, the next time when ActionShip syncs the order, canceled items will be removed from your ActionShip order. If all the items for a Walmart order are canceled, then ActionShip will not remove items, it will simply mark the order "Cancelled"
If you ship all the items for a Walmart order, ActionShip will mark the order "Shipped".
Canceling Walmart Orders In ActionShip
If you cancel a Walmart order in ActionShip, ActionShip will cancel all lines of the order on Walmart. If you want to cancel specific lines, update the order in ActionShip and "cancel" on the specific line. That line will be canceled in Walmart.
Due to the ActionShip design where we do not allow orders with no lines, if you want to cancel an entire order, not just a specific line, you must mark the order status as "Cancelled" using bulk update.
Automatic Inventory Sync
ActionShip can optionally change the quantity on your Walmart listings every 15 minutes. This is recommended to avoid canceling orders. To turn this on, make sure you have inventory data in ActionShip, and on Inventory => Options page, check the auto sync checkbox next to the Walmart Marketplace.