Teapplix REST API V2
Teapplix API is a REST API that supports JSON / CSV data format. It runs on https protocol.
You can utilize Teapplix API to perform the following actions
Teapplix is integrated with a diverse list of Shipping Carriers, including those in the US and internationally. Once you integrate with Teapplix API, you can perform rate quotes, rate shopping and print shipping labels for all the carriers that Teapplix support. Currently the carrier and services that Teapplix support is
- USPS - Teapplix will provide postage meter, payment in USD & other pre-arranged currencies, and discounted USPS "Blue" rates
- USPS Presort Services -- provided by various Teapplix & USPS partners. Covered products include First Class Presort, Parcel Select Presort and Parcel Select Lightweight Presort.
- DHL eCommerce - domestic, international, and dangerous goods. You provide your own DHL eCommerce account or under select cases use Teapplix provided account.
- DHL Express - Teapplix will provide postage meter, payment in USD & other pre-arranged currencies, and discounted rates
- FedEx - including SmartPost and FedEx Freight. You provide your own FedEx account.
- UPS - including Mail Innovations, SurePost, and Freight. You provide your own UPS account.
Teapplix Shipping API can run rate quotes generate shipping labels with or without linking to an "order". Without an order, all you need to do is specify the from and to address, the carrier and service + options, and you can obtain shipping labels.
2. Order Synchronization
You can tie Teapplix to e-commerce channels that Teapplix support, and then exchange order information with Teapplix
- Teapplix can send you "Order Notification" at an URL you specify. This can be setup to happen automatically when new orders come in, under filtering conditions, or manually at the push of a button.
- You can "push" orders into Teapplix by sending Teapplix "Order Notification".
- You can download "Ship Notification" data from Teapplix, that will include shipping information.
- You can setup Teapplix to send you "Ship Notification" at an URL you specify.
- You can POST "Ship Notification" data to Teapplix for orders shipped outside of Teapplix. This will cause Teapplix to mark orders as shipped and upload tracking numbers back to e-commerce channels.
3. Inventory Synchronization
Teapplix tracks inventory quantity and can synchronize the inventory quantity, price information back to linked e-commerce channels. With Teapplix API you can:
- upload inventory quantity information to Teapplix
- periodic full warehouse cycle counts
- incremental "receive inventory"
- inventory adjustments
- upload latest "location" information to Teapplix
- upload "price changes" on listings to Teapplix
- download latest quantity information from Teapplix
4. Virtual Seller Accounts and Embedding Teapplix Web Interface
You can use Teapplix API to create "virtual seller accounts". Once created, you can launch specific Teapplix UI pages for a specific virtual seller, and allow them to link to marketplaces and access other Teapplix provided functionality. This is typically for 3PL partners to Teapplix that can serve many sellers with a single Teapplix account and allow the 3PL to build all functions into their own web application.
API Authentication, URL End Point
All Teapplix API calls require a HTTP header "APIToken", for authentication. This token is obtained on Teapplix setup page:
Go to your Teapplix "Setup => API" page. Each account can only have one single token, and if you generate another one, the previous token will be deleted and no longer work.
The Root URL of the Teapplix API V2 endpoint is at:
Specific calls will add additional path to the endpoint. Please check documentation on each call to find out what the end point is. For example, "PurchaseLabel" is provided at:
Teapplix API runs via HTTPS, currently we support only TLS1.1 and TLS1.2. If you have an old computer. If you have a very old computer, like Windows 2008 Server, or Windows XP, you will not be able to make API connections to Teapplix api.teapplix.com gateway. Teapplix maintains a backup api endpoint for a limited time to allow such systems to be used. Please contact Teapplix support for solutions.
Notification End Points
"Notifications" are web hooks from Teapplix to external systems. Such notifications require "endpoints", which is external URL that Teapplix will send such notifications.
You can define URL end points on the Setup => API page. Endpoint has the following information:
- name - this is just an description text that helps you identify what the end point is for
- URL - this is the http, https or other protocol address that Teapplix will send the notification to
- Authentication Scheme - what authentication information Teapplix uses during call out. We support HTTP header based authentication, or HTTP basic auth username + password based authentication.
Teapplix notification currently are session-less and do not support multi-call authentications schemes.