Help TopicsExpand all | Collapse all
Moving to New Computer
If you move your QuickBooks company file to a new computer, you need to perform certain actions on your old computer first before moving:
On old computer:
- open your company file, start WebConnector, and hit "Remove" on the WebConnector to remove the application so it is no longer linked to your QuickBooks company file.
- move the company file now to your new computer
On your new computer
- Start QuickBooks and open your company file, start WebConnector
- Login to Teapplix, and re-download your teapplix.qwc file and save on desktop from "QuickBooks => Integration Setup" tab.
- Add the teapplix.qwc to your WebConnector
What happens if I forgot to "Remove" and my old computer or company file is gone?
- You would still do the above steps on the new computer, however when you "Add" the teapplix.qwc, you may get an 1039 error.
- If that happens, go to your QuickBooks, under "Edit => Preferences", find "Integrated Applications", remove the "Teapplix Connector" application you find.
- Now try "Add" the teapplix.qwc again to WebConnector
- If you still get an error with "Unique OwnerID/FieldID value pair required", try open the "teapplix.qwc" file in wordpad, edit the "OwnerID" field, change the last digit, save
- Add the edited teapplix.qwc again to WebConnector. QuickBooks may ask you if you want to replace the existing application, say Yes.
- You can also try this procedur http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/SLN41675