QuickBooks Point Of Sale (POS)
Teapplix integrates with QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS). The integration and workflow is very similar to our QuickBooks Integration.
POS as Inventory Master
The main reason to integrate POS to Teapplix, is to use POS as inventory master:
- Teapplix will export your web orders to POS to deduct inventory
- POS will tell Teapplix the inventory quantity and cost, taking into account your sales at physical stores
When you link Teapplix to POS, you no longer integrate Teapplix with QuickBooks, your financial data will pass from POS to QuickBooks.
To link your Teapplix account to POS, you download a different .qwc file and add to your web connector. The file is called teapplixpos.qwc. The rest of the steps is exactly the same as your QuickBooks integration.
Unlike QuickBooks integration, you make a choice of what field in POS to treat as the inventory "Item Name/SKU" in Teapplix.
Your choices are: Name, ALU, or Item Number. You make the choice on the "Integration Setup" page.
Other Differences with QuickBooks Integration
- Inventory is required. If not for inventory tracking, there is really no purpose of integrating with POS. You will be better off directly integrating with QuickBooks
- Shipping, Discount, Tax etc are hardwired into POS and do not require items
- There are no "classes", inventory sites
- POS do not seem to support Inventory Assemblies
- There is no way to import from POS to Teapplix. If you have order that need shipping, you are better off entering them onto a web shopping cart system instead of POS