Teapplix API V2 (beta)
Teapplix API V2 is a new REST API that supports JSON / CSV data format.
Current customers are encouraged to migrate to V2 API for enhanced functionality, however, V1 API will continue to work, except that no new functions will be added to V1 API.
You can utilize Teapplix API to perform the following actions
Teapplix is integrated with a diverse list of Shipping Carriers, including those in the US and internationally. Once you integrate with Teapplix API, you can perform rate quotes, rate shopping and print shipping labels for all the carriers that Teapplix support. Currently the carrier and services that Teapplix support is
- USPS - Teapplix will provide postage meter, payment in USD & other pre-arranged currencies, and discounted USPS "Blue" rates
- DHL Express - Teapplix will provide postage meter, payment in USD & other pre-arranged currencies, and discounted rates
- FedEx - including SmartPost and FedEx Freight. You provide your own FedEx account.
- UPS - including Mail Innovations, SurePost, and Freight. You provide your own UPS account.
- DHL eCommerce - domestic, international, and dangerous goods. You provide your own DHL eCommerce Account.
Teapplix Shipping API can run rate quotes generate shipping labels with or without linking to an "order". Without an order, all you need to do is specify the from and to address, the carrier and service + options, and you can obtain shipping labels.
2. Order Synchronization
You can tie Teapplix to e-commerce channels that Teapplix support, and then exchange order information with Teapplix
- Teapplix can send you "Order Notification" at an URL you specify. This can be setup to happen automatically when new orders come in, under filtering conditions, or manually at the push of a button.
- You can "push" orders into Teapplix by sending Teapplix an "order notification" at a pre-defined URL.
- You can download "ship confirmation" data from Teapplix, that will include shipping information.
- You can upload "ship confirmation" data to Teapplix, which will cause Teapplix to mark orders as shipped and upload tracking numbers back to e-commerce channels.
3. Inventory Synchronization
Teapplix tracks inventory quantity and can synchronize the inventory quantity, price information back to linked e-commerce channels. With Teapplix API you can:
- upload inventory quantity information to Teapplix
- periodic full warehouse cycle counts
- incremental "receive inventory"
- inventory adjustments
- upload latest "location" information to Teapplix
- upload "price changes" on listings to Teapplix
- download latest quantity information from Teapplix
Teapplix API on call in direction relies on a HTTP header, "APIToken", for authentication.
To view your account APIToken, go to your Teapplix "Setup => API" page. Each account can only have one single token, and if you generate another one, the previous token will be deleted and no longer work.
Notification End Points
"Notifications" are call outs from Teapplix to external systems. Such notifications require "endpoints", which is external URL that Teapplix will send such notifications.
You can define URL end points on the Setup => API page. Endpoint has the following information:
- name - this is just an description text that helps you identify what the end point is for
- URL - this is the http, https or other protocol address that Teapplix will send the notification to
- Authentication Scheme - what authentication information Teapplix uses during call out. We support HTTP header based authentication, or HTTP basic auth username + password based authentication.
Teapplix notification currently are session-less and do not support multi-call authentications schemes.