There are 2 ways to select ship method and weight for orders in Teapplix ActionShip
- You can select an ship method and weight directly on the open orders page. Once you save the ship method and weight, the order will no longer use any remember weight rules in the future.
- Use "remember weight" rules that will apply to orders with same item / quantity.
How to setup Remember Weight:
- Set the weight information using an order - You can edit remember weight rules by clicking on the "..." to the right of a selected order, then select Remember Weight from the drop down menu.
- Set the weight information using SKU - you can go to Inventory->Weight Table page, click Add One button on the top, then add product SKU and its weight information.
- Bulk Import - on Inventory->Weight Table page, you can use Import/Export action link to bulk import weight information for multiple products. Please check the details on this help document.
Remember Weight specifies rules for items with the following lookup key:
- The item SKU (or item name if SKU is not assigned)
- The "shipping class" assigned to the order. (Standard, Economy, Expedited, SecondDay, One-Day)
- The quantity of the item
Note that if you have a rule for a single quantity, and you get an order with multiple quantity, ActionShip will try to multiple the weight by the quantity, and keep the shipping method the same. If you do not like the result, you can do remember weight for the specific quantity and program in separate weight and shipping methods.
Remember Weight Screen
Remember Weights option allows 5 different shipping classes:
Second-day (domestic only)
One-day (domestic only)**("Next Day" on Source Shipping = "One day" in ActionShip)
You need to fill in the method for all 5 classes that are offered. If any are left blank and the buyer chooses a shipping class that you have not assigned a value to, ActionShip will show the weight for that order, but will put in a "default" shipping method.
Dimensions and Package Count
You can remember dimension also as well as weight + shipping method. If the carrier is FedEx, UPS, you can also remember an "identical package count" to produce multiple labels with the same method, weight and dimension.
Notice that the dimension and package count is only applied when you have a single order line item. ActionShip currently is not able to merge multiple SKUs with remembered dimensions and box counts. In that case, only shipping method and sum if weight is applied.