QuickBooks as Inventory Master
If you subscribe to both ActionConnect QuickBooks Integration and InventoryAdvisor, you can optionally set QuickBooks as inventory master. In that case, you do not need to maintain Quantities in InventoryAdvisor.
The "current quantity available' will be pulled from QuickBooks.
To turn on this mode, go to Inventory => Options page, in the Inventory Master field select "QuickBooks" and save the page.
Workflow using QuickBooks as Inventory Master:
- Update inventory item quantities in QuickBooks
- Run Webconnector, update Teapplix-QuickBooks
- Check in ActionShip, under Inventory tab, Quantities and you should see the quantity updated to what's in your QuickBooks with date when the inventory was updated in QuickBooks
- In order to update this quantity to marketplace, you can either manually sync quantity back to marketplace or turn on the automatic inventory quantity sync.
- Manual Sync: Go to Inventory => Listings, select the SKUs with quantities to be updated. Click the down arrow beside the blue "Action on 0 selected" (0 will change to the number of items selected) button. Select "Sync quantities to marketplace" from the drop down list
- Automatic Sync: Go to Inventory => Options, Select the "Qty Sync" checkbox. Click ok to the "Turn on automatic inventory quantity sync" dialog.
Whether manual sync or automatic sync, you need to ensure that your QuickBooks sync is running timely and with no errors. If orders fail to export to QuickBooks due to error, it will cause InventoryAdvisor to have incorrect quantities.
Quantity Logic in Teapplix
InventoryAdvisor takes the quantity available reported in QuickBooks, which we assume reflects your proper inventory level. Then will deduct the quantity that is sold but not yet exported to QuickBooks (they can be found in Unexported Orders page). What's left is the true quantity that can be allocated into the listings.
Inventory, and Inventory Assembly
Note that under this mode, only inventory and inventory assembly participate in "active inventory sync". Listings on "non inventory item", such as "service", etc, will not be managed by InventoryAdvisor.
Inventory Assemblies correspond to "Combo products" in InventoryAdvisor. The quantity available of assemblies in Teapplix will be calculated by Teapplix based on the quantity from each of the child items. If you also built the quantity for an inventory assembly in QuickBooks, we will add it on top of the calculated value.