Rate Quotes & Address Validation
Once you select a shipping method and weight, you can click on the "rate" link to obtain rate quote. Note that you do not need to save the selected shipping method & weight to get rate quotes.
Teapplix will display the rate for your selected ship method / weight combo, and display alternative shipping methods and their rates from the same carrier.
For USPS, if you selected a discount USPS provider, Teapplix will display rates from the discount program as well as normal Endicia / Stamps.com rate.
Teapplix should always display your "discounted negotiated rate" for UPS. If not, you should contact your UPS support to set your account to return "account rates".
For FedEx, you can setup in Teapplix whether you want to display negotiated rates or list rates. You can change this setting on "Setup => FedEx".
There is no rate for DHL because DHL does not charge per package. It is charged by total weigth each day, and bag fees etc.
Some carrier perform address validation, including checking if the address is residential or business, when you perform a rate quote request. Teapplix will prompt you for corrections when the address / residential flag in Teapplix do not match what the carrier says. If you click "yes", the address in Teapplix will be updated based on carrier suggestions.
Bulk "Address Validation"
Teapplix provides a bulk "Address Validation" button. You can select a list of orders and press the "Address Validation" button. The validation service is provided by the following sources:
- If you link a Stamps.com account with Teapplix, the address validation is provided by Stamps.com
- Otherwise, the address validation is provide by Endicia regardless of if you link an Endicia account or not
When you push the "Address Validation" button, Teapplix provides a number of options on addresses with suggested revisions, including the "residential" vs "business" address type:
- You can bulk accept all suggested changes
- You can bulk reject all suggested changes
- You can move all orders with suggested address issues to a separate queue for further processing
- You can go back to open orders page and accept or reject each address change individually